Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Angelina Jolie defends weight loss


Hollywood star Angelina Jolie has said her mother's death has been the cause of her dramatic weight loss.

The actress has been pictured looking very thin in recent months but has criticised those who include her in the size zero trend.

"Someone saying to me that I'm thin is not a compliment," Jolie told a newspaper.

"I've always been lean and this year I lost my mom and I've gone through a lot. I have four kids and I finished breastfeeding - it's been hard to get my nutrition back on track.

"Instead of people saying I look like a person dealing with something emotionally, they assume it's because I want to fit into skinny jeans."

Jolie's mother, Marcheline Bertrand, died from cancer in January and the star is estranged from her actor father Jon Voight.

The 32-year-old actress also spoke about her family life with Brad Pitt and their three adopted children and natural daughter Shiloh.

The Tomb Raider star has not ruled out having more children but said: "In our home it is all about how much we balance making sure that everybody has individual time.

"Right now four of them have very special individual time. We never want to have so many kids that we can't do that."
by:www.itv.com

No comments: